Journey to the US 7th March 09

Hello guys,its been long since iv put up some text on the blog.
Few days to leave to the US and I still had’n packed anything .
No time , was busy with office , I had my sis , dad and gf doing all the packing for me.
And I was doing the santa claus job of carrying ppl’s goodie to the US.
With having had the deliveries of all eatable and etc etc done to my place, and packed them in such a way that its compact and don’t spill.I was all set to go.

Had done my clothes shopping a week back, picked up a few formals , shoes and ..thats it12k blown.

Got two suitcases from my Uncle, and I had my leather hand bag and my laptop.


Took a taxi 2 airport , Dad , Sis and Me.

Mrugesh, Harish and Younus joined me at the airport and Harish did gimme a few tips bout what could happen at the airport .

Weighed the bags for checkin , One was 21kg and another was 19kgs ,

In that my luggage was only about 10 kgs max . Rest all were others.

I carried minimal food items , Coz I wanna eat here. I wont get bored nor I miss namma South Indian Oota.

When here ,eat what’s here, drink whats here. That’s my concept.
Earning in Dollars , spend in dollars , don’t spend with rupee in mind.

Iv seen ppl go to the US and then become very good in Multiplication…

That too with only one number – 50 ..

I don’t wanna be that.

Back to BIAL

Cheking in I had already done online , then oly thing left was baggage ,
Got rid of it , then filled immigration form , Stampd , got my camera and laptop Declared at Indian customs and then the waiting job.

320am was my flight..
With me were Rakesh , my team lead , and Sathesh my colleague. Alll of us are from the same team at office .

Boarded the flight ,Boeing 747-400.
Its like a Volvo bus with 310 ppl on it ., The plane is huge , but the economy class is cramped for room.

We were taxi ing on the run way , I loved the thrust of the Rolls Royce engine of the 747-400. Amazing it is. Crazy. In love with it.
From then was a boring 9 hrs flight to Frankfurt, Germany

Slept for a few hours after take off.Woke up after 2 hrs of so and then opened the window and it was still dark .

Was listening to some hindi channel that they had.Same songs , that irritated me even more.

We were flying at 38200ft and at a speed of 952kmph constantly.

Experienced a little air turbulence for sometime. Nice exp…

Air hostesses are all boring in Lufthansa. 2 n ½ times my age. :-P

We passed Pakistan and over Turkey and then came out my camera , wow wow What amazing Landscape I must say.

Sea, Ice, Mountains and Greenery … I was loving it .

To my luck it was clear skies and my cam ROXXXXXXXXXXXX..


Snow capped mountains are a treat to the eyes.
Went around the flight , took some pics and then went into business and First class ,
That is what I call luxury.
U wont hear any sound at all. Nothing . No engines heard.

Economy class is like BUS..Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The turbine sound all through.
Ok its recession timeTime 2 shut up.

--------------------------------------- Frankfurt….





Then we reached Frankfurt at 845am local time.

Next flight was at 1015 am.

We got down from the flight and the weather at Frankfurt was mind blowing. Chill and different. The air is so damn nice.

We got into the Mercedes Benz Buses to go to the Terminal .

I liked this bus more than that stupid winged Boeing 747 Bus.
Ran from one end to the other , took the train also.
Check in again. Remove belt , walk through..
All clean

Boarded another flight , to Dallas Fortworth . Airbus A340-300

It’s a smaller flight and its 11n half of torture.

No individual entertainment in Lufthansa economy class 

Emirates I miss u :-P

We passed Nederlands and then into Greenland , it has one of the best views ever in the world.
White white white…






Or blue blue blue.

Then I saw another plane flyin next 2 ours….Traffic increases here also.

God what happening….

The full flight was eat , pic , walk and repeat…….




We reached Dallas at 230pm DST and had immigration with few qns asked and then collect baggage and the outside I see my cousin Ashok waiting for me. Prithvi his friend had also come along.

He’s driven down from Houston to FW all the way to meet me.. That was so so nice,

I drove down in their car to my hotel and checked in and freshened up.

I wasn’t tired at all. Went to meet another friend who stays hardly a mile away from my hotel.

Spent the evening at their place and the back to my room , they insisted on driving bk 2 houston the same nyt.. and they did…

This was Just the 1st day…..

More to come-----

Comments

Deadman Inc said…
Nice write up saar! Nice to see your blog updated after long time, need to do some work on mine soon.
Please also educate us about the landscape which you have taken from flightu, put names of places that you were seeing from top.
Waiting for more of Santa in America episodes :P
Hello sir , we ll go touring in those places , full super jaaga..Loved it

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to triumph tiger 800 DIY and maintenance

Bajaj Pulsar 220 dts-I